Clean Air Merton brings together residents and community groups across Merton who are concerned about the toxic air that is poisoning our lives.
Our first step has been to write to the Councillor with responsibility for the environment (Martin Whelton) to ask for a meeting.
We have listed six areas we believe the Council should be acting on:
- 20mph speed limits on all their roads
- Discouraging unnecessary idling of stationary vehicles
- Working with schools to introduce some car-free roads in their vicinity
- Supporting Merton’s inclusion in the proposed Ultra Low Emission Zone
- Encouraging cycling and walking
- Planting more trees
If you want to know more or have ideas for further work, please email us email@example.com